California Car Accident Lawyers: Learn the State Auto Accident Laws, Claim Process, Why Hiring The Best Motor Vehicle Crash Injury Lawyer is Important, and more
- 1. California Car Accident Lawyers: Learn the State Auto Accident Laws, Claim Process, Why Hiring The Best Motor Vehicle Crash Injury Lawyer is Important, and more
- 2. Reasons To Hire One of The Best California Car Accident Lawyers
- 3. Types of California Auto Accidents
- 4. Head-on collisions
- 5. Multi-vehicle pile-ups
- 6. Rear-enders
- 7. Side-impact or T-bones
- 8. Categories Of Damages You Can Get Financial Settlement For
- 9. California Injury Statute of Limitations
- 10. California Comparative Fault Law On Car Accidents
- 11. Contingency Fee Arrangement For Car Crashes
- 12. Causes of Motor Vehicle in CA
- 13. Get California Car Accident Lawyers Free Consultation Today!
- 14. Connecting You With Legal Injury Experts All Over California Cities
People always want to know if hiring one of the best California auto and car accident attorneys is important for their California auto accidents or any other personal injury case
The truth is that those who get the best settlement usually have experienced California car accident lawyers representing them.
California motor vehicle accidents are common and result in serious injuries yearly in the state. According to the California Office of Traffic Safety quick facts for 2016, reveal that there were 3633 fatal accidents in 2016. The California Highway Patrol also reported that in just one year 3104 people died from an accident and 223,000 got injured. The state has the dubious distinction of accounting for 12% of auto accident-related deaths in the US.
The good news is that California is a “fault” state, meaning that compensation claims can be filed against the at-fault party and their insurer for all those injuries and fatalities.
The best way to file these personal injury claims against the at-fault party is to contact and get the help of one of the best experienced California car & auto accident attorneys or by yourself which is not advised.
On this page, we will look into some of the state laws regarding car accidents, causes, reasons to hire a lawyer, damages that can be recovered, the number to call to speak with an accident attorney, and more.
Reasons To Hire One of The Best California Car Accident Lawyers
Legally speaking, there’s no rule that says you have to hire an auto crash lawyer to pursue a compensation claim, especially if the damage is minor and no one is injured.
However, when there are serious injuries and victims face taking time off from work, incur large medical and rehabilitation expenses, experience extended pain and suffering, it’s wiser to get the right legal advice and assistance to get the maximum possible compensation.
Most Calfornia car accident claims are settled out-of-court through negotiations, but in case talks fail, a car accident attorneys in California near you can take the case to trial. And this is one of the benefits of hiring an accident claim legal expert.
So what other reasons do hiring a lawyer for this type of personal injury benefit you?
- Handling insurance companies: Most of us believe that insurers and claims-adjusters who make the compensation payout will act in good faith. However, in reality, insurance companies being for-profit organizations tend to focus on their own business interests. They may use a variety of tactics to delay/deny/dismiss/dispute your claim. Routing all communications/negotiations through experienced and skilled California auto and car accident lawyers ensures that your rights and entitlements are protected.
- Building a robust claim: Your claim must be backed by reliable and decisive evidence that establishes the Negligence-Accident-Injury-Loss chain. As an individual, you may not have the knowledge or resources to gather evidence, access police/traffic records, collect documentation or CCTV footage, assemble eye-witnesses, and compile expert testimony. A reputable, well-established law-firm can do this while you focus on recovering your health.
- Getting the facts and figures right: Your present and future needs must be considered in your claim. Experienced CA auto & car accident attorneys can evaluate your claim and ensure that all the losses you suffered are covered in your claim document.
- Knowing the procedures: Ordinary citizens may not be aware of the legal procedures, paperwork required, filing deadlines, venues, and jurisdictions, etc that make a claim valid and admissible.
- Safeguarding your rights: Insurers may attempt to extract information from you/your family that could jeopardize your claim. They may ask for recorded statements, promise quick and easy settlement, mount surveillance, try to get access to your confidential information, etc. Your lawyer can guide you against these intrusions.
Types of California Auto Accidents
Every accident in California is unique just like the circumstances that caused it. Though there’s no way to ensure that you will never be involved in an auto accident, knowing more about them helps drivers to be more alert and careful while on the road.
The most common types of accidents are:
These are the most serious and often result in fatalities and the vehicle being totaled. If both vehicles were traveling at high speeds, there would not be enough time for the airbags to deploy or other safety features to be effective. Apart from other vehicles, head-ons can involve stationary objects, animals, trees, buildings, etc.
Are most common on expressways, freeways, highways, and busy commuter thoroughfares. Often unwary drivers are caught between two vehicles, passengers get thrown in the path of oncoming vehicles, vehicles jump dividers, and can burst into flames.
These accidents are the most frequent types of accidents on American roads. They happen because the vehicle behind fails to maintain a safe distance from the one in front. They’re often caused by distracted or inexperienced drivers.
Side-impact or T-bones
Happens when a vehicle crashes into the side of another. They occur at intersections or when a vehicle runs a red light. Passengers on the side that bears the impact can be seriously injured or killed.
Categories Of Damages You Can Get Financial Settlement For
Every accident case in California is unique, so the financial settlements will vary based on many factors.
With that said, below are the two common categories you or a California auto & car accident attorney can get you compensation under.
Economic Damages: Any expenses that can be backed by bills/invoices/documents for personal and property damage: Medical and rehabilitation expenses, ambulance fees, out-of-pocket expenses, accessories (crutches/wheelchair, etc.) physiotherapy/cognitive therapies, caregiver services, loss of income/employment, etc.
Non-economic Damages: These are injuries done to the quality of life you enjoyed prior to the accident. The settlement depends on the circumstances of each individual case. Claims include pain and suffering, emotional distress, loss of companionship/consortium, disability/disfigurement, psychological problems, etc.
California Injury Statute of Limitations
Most states, including California, impose a limit on the time allowed for injured parties to file compensation claims. This is known as the statute of limitations.
In California, car accident and other personal injury compensation claims must be filed within two years of the incident.
For property damage, the limit is three years. If the accident involves a government entity (state, local, federal) the statute of limitations is six months. You can file an appeal within six months if the at-fault party denies your claim.
For medical malpractice claims, there is a one-year limit from the time of discovering the injury or three years after the date of injury, depending on which comes first.
It’s essential to file your claim early, otherwise, you may lose your right to file a suit and miss the opportunity to get the compensation you and your family deserve.
This why speaking with some of the best California car and auto accident attorneys early is highly recommend so that whoever you end hiring will start working on your case immediately. You can contact the California injury pros to be connected with a law firm for a no-obligation FREE consultation.
California Comparative Fault Law On Car Accidents
California used to be a contributory negligence state but in 1975, the California Supreme Court decided it was unfair and changed it to comparative fault.
So whats is comparative fault?
In certain cases, car accidents are caused by fault on both sides. Many people avoid making a claim if they feel that they were partly to blame for the accident.
However, under California’s pure comparative fault or comparative negligence provisions, injured persons can still get compensation even if they’re found to be partially responsible for the accident.
Based on the evidence, a judge/jury can decide the level of responsibility of each party. The amount of award is proportionately reduced by the victim’s own portion of fault.
Contingency Fee Arrangement For Car Crashes
No matter what your economic status, you have the right to pursue a compensation claim.
Many California car accident victims avoid legal recourse because they feel it’s an expensive process. However, most personal injury lawyers take up claims on a contingency fee arrangement.
This means that they charge fees only if they win the case. The typical arrangement is between 25 to 45 percent. Remember to negotiate it.
Causes of Motor Vehicle in CA
California motor vehicle accidents, for instance, could be caused by:
- A drunk/drug-impaired driver
- An aggressive or distracted driver
- Poor road-conditions/Defective or malfunctioning vehicle
- Bad weather
- Poor visibility
- Badly-maintained roads
- Failure to obey traffic regulations
These events, no matter how major or minor, leave a trail of destruction in their wake. Victims may sustain serious injuries, life-altering disabilities, and disfigurements.
Apart from this, they and their families face a long and rough road ahead, where they face enormous physical, financial, and emotional trauma and losses.
Get California Car Accident Lawyers Free Consultation Today!
Auto crash legal experts typically offer a free, initial, no-obligation consultation to all injured accident victims.
This allows you to explain the facts/circumstances of your case, understand your rights and entitlements, and become aware of the options available.
It also enables California injury attorneys to evaluate your claim and give you a genuine, swift, and comprehensive assessment on the merits. Based on this consultation, clients can decide whether to hire this particular lawyer/law-firm, go ahead with the claim, or seek another alternative.
Call to be connected with our network of CA car accident injury lawyers for a free consultation today.
Connecting You With Legal Injury Experts All Over California Cities
Theaccidentsinjurylawyers.com goal is to help you get connected with motor vehicle cash legal pros all over the state who might be able to help you get the justice that you deserve. So if you are looking for some of the best California motor vehicle accident attorneys in any of the state cities, click below to learn more or contact us for a free consultation:
- Los Angeles Auto Accident Lawyer
- Santa Barbara Auto Accident Lawyer
- San Bernardino Auto Accident Lawyer
- Ventura Car Accident Lawyer
- San Jose Auto Accident Lawyer
- San Francisco Auto Accident Lawyer
- Fresno Auto Accident Lawyer
- Glendale Auto Accident Lawyer
- Pasadena Auto Accident Lawyer
- Orange County Auto Accident Lawyer
- Riverside Auto Accident Lawyer
- Oakland Auto Accident Lawyer
- Sacramento Auto Accident Lawyer
- Long Beach Auto Accident Lawyer
- Bakersfield Auto Accident Lawyer