California Truck Accident Lawyer
- 1. You Deserve The Best Truck Accident Attorney Near You On Your Side For Your 18 Wheeler/Big Rigs or Semi Truck Case
- 2. What You Can Claim From A California Truck Accident
- 3. Why Hire A California Truck Accident Lawyer?
- 4. California Truck Accident Causes & Statistics
- 5. What You Should Do After A Truck Crash
- 6. Status of Limitations
- 7. Types Of Injuries You Can Sustain From A Truck Crash
- 8. Contact & Get Help From A California Truck Accident Lawyer
- 9. Helpful Resources For California Truck Accident Victims:
You Deserve The Best Truck Accident Attorney Near You On Your Side For Your 18 Wheeler/Big Rigs or Semi Truck Case
If you are involved in a California semi truck or 18 wheeler/big rigs accident, you should hire the best California truck accident lawyer near you to fight for maximum compensation for your pain and sufferings. Having the right California truck accident lawyer on your side typically get the insurance companies moving faster and taking your claims seriously. The benefit of having this auto crash legal professionals representing you is enormous.
What You Can Claim From A California Truck Accident
Damage claim can be made in a Californi truck accident case where the driver or the owner of the truck be made liable to pay for the medical expenses as well as compensation in case of severe injury and the loss of lives. The compensation demanded could also include repairing of passenger vehicles or for the truck (if the fault is from another side). You can seek compensation for:
- Punitive damages
- Loss of consortium
- Future medical bills
- Past and future loss of income and employment opportunities
- emotional stress
Besides the above, there are other damages the right skilled California truck accident lawyer can help you get recoveries for.
Why Hire A California Truck Accident Lawyer?
After being involved in an 18 wheeler/big rigs or semi-truck accidents, people typicals have questions. One of those questions is should I hire a California truck accident lawyers or handle my claim with insurance companies alone. The truth is that truck accident claims can be overwhelming. While you are dealing with emotional or physical pains why not let a professional help you to easy all the burden that comes with being involved in an auto crash. Here are some of the way an experienced California truck accident lawyers can help you.
- Truck crash lawyers handle the case on a contingency basis so you don’t have to worry about legal fees
- The lawyers have dealt with such cases so they know the rights as well as laws very clearly
- Hiring a lawyer will improve your chance to get compensation when the lawyer will place all the pieces of evidence at the right time and in the right way
- Lawyers can help victims throughout the legal process by dealing with auto insurance adjusters, bill collectors, doctors, lien holders, and claim people on your behalf
- Lawyers help in determining negligence and support the cause wholeheartedly so you do not feel helpless as a victim
- The attorney can refer you to a doctor to be treated without you paying until your case settles
California Truck Accident Causes & Statistics
California truck accidents caused over 350 fatalities in 2017 alone. Trucks are heavy and have a larger body in comparison to small passenger vehicles. They not only have a difficult braking capability, requiring longer time and space to apply the brakes but also take large space on the road. It has a taller body and higher ground clearance making smaller passenger vehicles underride these trucks during accidents. Truck thrusts itself more forcefully and therefore passengers or occupants have high chances of losing their lives.
Truck accidents are the second major reason for deaths on the road. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), large truck accidents and light truck accidents together make up 46.5% of the total road fatal crashes for the year 2016. The death of the drivers of the trucks constitutes the majority number of fatal crashes.
Like all over the country, truck accidents in California is mostly caused by speeding and drunk drivers.
Truck accidents can be prevented if the roads are constructed technologically having more safety features. The drivers should not drive for long hours. The authorized time for drivers to drive in a single stretch is 11 hours. Drivers should not consume alcohol while driving. If all these steps are taken seriously, then the majority of accidents can be averted.
Whatever is the cause of your accident, you entitle to be compensated for other negligence. An experienced truck accident lawyer will help you determine the cause and fault so you can get the settlements that you deserve.
What You Should Do After A Truck Crash
Below are recommended actions to take after a truck accident in California:
- Immediately seek medical help and call the police
- Wait for medical as well as police to arrive at the incident
- Report authentically and truly about all happenings
- Contact and hire a California truck accident lawyer immediately
- Get the insurance and other information of the involved drivers and others involved
- Take pictures of the accident and your injuries if any
Status of Limitations
The state status of limitation law basically says If you’re filing a claim for a truck accident in California, you generally have two years from the date of the accident to file a claim for the injury and three years for the property damage. Here are some things to keep in mind about the state status of limitation for making a personal injury claim:
- The date starts counting from the date of the accident
- The status of limitations has a different time period for injuries or accidents caused by a government entity etc
- Once your status runs out it is extremely hard to file your claim
- There could be an exception to the rule where you may be able to file but only under extreme situations would this be allowed
Sometimes It could be hard for you to know when the statute of limitations clock started running in your case. So this is why it is extremely important that you consult an experienced California truck accident attorney anytime you or a loved one is injured or involved in an accident so he or she can carefully help you calculate when the statute of limitations time started.
Types Of Injuries You Can Sustain From A Truck Crash
When involved in a truck accident, there are many types of injuries you can sustain such as:
- Head injuries – The truck accidents can cause severe head injuries which could prove fatal.
- Spinal cord damage – It could lead to long-term and permanent paralysis which also impacts a man mentally.
- Internal injuries – Even the smallest and non-serious accidents can cause internal injuries to the stomach, lungs, hips, chest, and brain.
- Bone fractures – The most common injuries could be neck injuries and dislocation of bones. Elbow, knee, hip joints are vulnerable and could break easily with slithe ghtest of a jolt
Contact & Get Help From A California Truck Accident Lawyer
After a truck accident in California, one of the first things you should do is to contact a law firm to schedule a free consultation with an attorney. You need to act now by getting the help you deserve from a California truck accident lawyer who can help you get significant verdicts and settlement offers. Call 866-806-3079 to contact us today. The call to speak with a truck accident attorney is free.