California Personal Injury Lawyers
- 1 Learn about personal injury attorneys, what they do, how they can help you, and the number to call to speak to one nearby.
- 2 Plaintiff California Personal Injury Lawyers
- 3 How California Personal Injury Lawyers Can Help With Your Claim
- 4 How to find The Right California Personal Injury Attorneys
Other Important Info About Personal Injury and Attorneys
- 5.1 California is a comparative negligence state
- 5.2 Californi statues of limitation for personal injury cases
- 5.3 Contingency fee arrangement for personal injury cases
- 5.4 A lawyer for Personal injury can get you treated before your case settles
- 5.5 What should I do after a personal injury?
- 5.6 California personal injury statistics
- 5.7 What type of compensation can I get for an injury claim
- 5.8 How do personal injury cases take in California?
- 5.9 Is my personal injury settlement taxable?
- 6 Get Connected With California Personal Injury Lawyers All Over The State
Learn about personal injury attorneys, what they do, how they can help you, and the number to call to speak to one nearby.
Should I hire and how to find one of the right California personal injury lawyers is one of the questions those faced with all kinds of personal injuries in the state want answers to?
It’s important to understand your legal rights when a victim of an injury caused by others neglects by speaking to and hiring the right skilled California personal injury lawyer near you.
This is because if have a car or auto accident or other types of injuries, you may be entitled to get financial compensation for your pains and sufferings et cetera. And a personal injury lawyer can help you get them.
Even though you may be entitled to financial compensation after an injury by individual or organizations, however, without the proper personal injury attorney representation, the insurance company representing the defendant tend to abuse the law by trying to blame all the causes of the injury on you so you do not get compensated fairly.
In this post, we will help you understand better who plaintiff PI lawyers are, how they can help you, how to choose and contact one, and more.
Plaintiff California Personal Injury Lawyers
A plaintiff California personal injury lawyers are attorneys who represent those who want to sue and get claims for their injuries caused by others’ negligence.
So if you are a victim of any time of injury this is the type of lawyers you should be speaking to.
Personal injury attorneys handle cases such as:
- Car Accident
- Motorcycle Accident
- Truck Accident
- Commercial Vehicle Accident
- Bus Accident
- Train & Railroad Accident
- Airplane Accidents
- Industrial Accidents
- Construction Accidents
- Boating Accidents
- ATV Accidents
- Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident
- DUI Accident
- Brain Injury
- Slip And Fall Accident
- Premises Liability
- Dog Bites
- Construction Accident
- Wrongful Deaths
- Swimming Pool Accidents
- Civil Rights Violations
- Medical Malpractice
- Professional Malpractice
How California Personal Injury Lawyers Can Help With Your Claim
So how can these injury lawyers help me?
Having the best personal injury lawyer on your side has a lot of benefits.
These experienced attorneys can make a huge difference in whether you get high or low compensation for your injuries.
Here are a few of the benefits of hiring a personal injury law firm in California:
- They can help you get your motor vehicle repair or replaced in your car is an auto accident case
- They can help you get financial recovery for your car rental
- They can help you get recovery for medical bills
- They can help get you compensated for your emotional and physical pains
- They can help you get compensated for the loss of wage earnings
- They can help you get financial recovery for future potential wage loss
Besides what they can get you financially, they can also do the following:
- They will be the point of contact between the other parties insurer
- Investigate and find witnesses for your case
- Send you to get treatment with doctors who will treat you without charging you until your case settles
- Work with your doctor and healthcare providers to get your medical record
- Negotiate with different parties to reduce your personal injury liens
- Help you obtain lawsuit loans if you need it
If you need to speak with an injury attorney to find out how he o she can help with your particular case please contact us now ( click to get the number to call).
How to find The Right California Personal Injury Attorneys
Maximizing the financial compensation fora California injury claim typically comes down to the skills and experience of the law firm or lawyer that one hired.
Below are some tips on how to find the right law firm and choose them.
Here are some places that you can find personal injury lawyers in California.
Search engines: Google and Bing is really the best way as you will have so many options for lawyers to pick from. That’s how you found this post 🙂
Review sites: You can also look at review sites like AVVO and Yelp. Please do not believe all the 5-star reviews that you see. Some business is notorious for fake reviews
Friends and family: Asking your family and social circle if they know a personal injury law firm or another type of attorneys who might know one is another way to find an attorney for your claim
Social media: You can ask your friends by posting on your Facebook wall for example if they know any lawyer for injury cases
Local and state bar association website: You can also search on the state and local bar association portal
Radio, tv, and billboards: You can also find attorneys on tv, radio, and billboard commercials
Once you find a lawyer or a few lawyers that you want to hire, there are few things that can do and questions to ask to help you select the right one.
Here are some of them:
- Does the lawyer have experience in handling a lot of personal injury cases?
- Find out how they communicate with their client. One of the biggest issues that people complain about lawyers is their lack of communication with clients
- Make sure they are still active to practice in California by verifying on the California Bar Association website
- The type of resources that they have
- The lowest and highest verdicts they have ever gotten for similar cases like yours
- Are they a solo or a medium or big law firm. Sometimes big law firms will have more resources to pursue bigger cases but you may have issues with communication. On the other hand, a solo attorney may be easier to get a hold of but may lack the resources to wait longer and go after big verdicts. Also, a solo attorney may not have the reputation of big or medium personal injury law firms
Other Important Info About Personal Injury and Attorneys
If you have a California personal injury case, here are few important things to know about
California is a comparative negligence state
Comparative negligence or fault means that even if you are partial at fault for a personal injury you can still be compensated based on the percentage contributed by the other party.
This is good for you as a victim because even if you contributed to your injury you could still be compensated.
Californi statues of limitation for personal injury cases
In the state of California, you have a certain period of time that you have to file a personal injury lawsuit. If you miss this deadline it is nearly impossible for your case to be accepted by the court.
So you have to act fast in filing for a personal injury case.
So in California, you have:
- Three years to file for property damage compensation
- Two years for personal injury damages.
Be aware that if your injury was caused by a government organization you have six months to bring a lawsuit or lose your right to.
Contingency fee arrangement for personal injury cases
Most law firms in California who handle personal injury cases take them on a contingency fee arrangement basis.
This means that you won’t be charged by a lawyer until he or she gets a settlement for your case.
The typical contingency arrangement fee is between 25% to 33% of the settlement amount recovered for you.
You should also be aware that you can negotiate with a law firm on the contingency fee agreement.
A lawyer for Personal injury can get you treated before your case settles
Most personal injury lawyers in California will send you to doctors or pain doctors or chiropractors that they work with to be treated before your case settles without the treatment coming out of your pocket.
Once the case settles they will minus the treatment fees from the settlement amount.
What should I do after a personal injury?
There are few things you should do immediately when you or some are involved in an injury. Here are some of them:
- Call 911
- Take pictures for documentation
- In the case of auto accident exchange insurance information
- Contact your auto or property insurance company if the injury resulted in any of them
- Contact a Californian personal lawyer
California personal injury statistics
Below are some California personal injury statistics.
- California has the highest annual accidental fatalities total than any other state. According to data published by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, for motor vehicle accident alone shows that the number of motor vehicle occupants killed in the state from 2003-2012 is over 23,000.
- In 2015 alone, the Division of Occupational Safety and Health, Cal/OSHA reported that over 20,000 injuries were caused by slips, trips, and falls in California.
All of the above more should just let you know that you are not alone as a victim of injury. Oftentimes people will wonder why is this happening to me but it is important to understand that injuries and accidents just happen and can happen at anything.
The important things are to get legal representation from one of the best California injury lawyers who has the skills to get you compensated.
What type of compensation can I get for an injury claim
When involved in an injury and you file a claim, there are many things you can recover with the right lawyer on your side. Some of those are:
- Lost wages
- Loss of income potential
- Medical bills
- Property damage recoveries
The goal of our California personal injury lawyer is to be creative and find different ways to maximize your compensation.
How do personal injury cases take in California?
A personal injury case in California can take anywhere from 6 to 12 months on average.
This is typically for injuries that are not severe. However, if an injury case goes to trial expect the case to settle in about 2 years plus.
Is my personal injury settlement taxable?
In the state court, it is non-taxable. However, on the federal level in some cases, your personal injury settlement is not taxable while in other cases it is.
It depends on the type of injury that you get compensated for. So it is better to speak to a tax professional and discuss it with your attorney.
You can read more about the exception rules from the Internal Revenue Service(IRS).
Get Connected With California Personal Injury Lawyers All Over The State
California is a big state with many cities and a big population. According to the United States Census Bureau, as of July 2018, the state population is over 39 million-plus.
With so many people it is inevitable that accidents and injuries will occur all over the state cities frequently.
When these injuries occur and you would like to get financial compensation, you need to hire the nearest personal injury lawyer in your city or area.
Our goal is to help you get connected with a California personal injury lawyers all over the state. So if you are looking for a:
- Los Angeles Personal Injury Attorney
- Santa Barbara Personal Injury Attorney
- San Bernardino Personal Injury Attorney
- Ventura Personal Injury Attorney
- San Jose Personal Injury Attorney
- San Francisco Personal Injury Attorney
- Fresno Personal Injury Attorney
- Glendale Personal Injury Attorney
- Pasadena Personal Injury Attorney
- Orange County Personal Injury Attorney
- Bakersfield Personal Injury Attorney
- Riverside Personal Injury Attorney
- Oakland Personal Injury Attorney
- Sacramento Personal Injury Attorney
- Long Beach Personal Injury Attorney
- Chula Vista Personal Injury Attorney
- Anaheim Personal Injury Attorney
- Santa Ana Personal Injury Attorney
- Monterey Personal Injury Attorney
- Santa Cruz Personal Injury Attorney
- Pomona Personal Injury Attorney
- Lancaster Personal Injury Attorney
- Stockton Personal Injury Attorney
- Fremont Personal Injury Attorney
- Palm Springs Personal Injury Attorney
- Oxnard Personal Injury Attorney
- Santa Clarita Personal Injury Attorney
Contact us now to speak a personal injury attorney.