California Personal Injury Lawyers
Should I hire and how to find the right California personal injury lawyer is one the questions those faced with all kind of injuries in the state wants answers to.
It’s important to understand your legal rights by hiring the skilled California personal injury lawyers near you anytime you believe that you have an injury case in California.
If you have a car or auto accident or other types of injuries, you may be entitled to get financial compensation for your pains and sufferings et cetera. And a personal injury lawyer can help you get them.
Even though you may be entitled to financial compensation after an injury by individual or organizations, however, without the proper personal injury attorney representation, the insurance company representing the defendant tend to abuse the law by trying to blame all the causes of the injury on you so you do not get compensated fairly.
When you have one of the best California personal injury attorneys on your side, insurance companies are more likely to take your injury and accident claims serious.
Why hire a California Personal injury lawyer?
Having a personal injury lawyer on your side has a lot of benefits. These experienced attorneys can make a huge difference in whether you get high or low compensation for your injuries.
Here are a few of the benefits of hiring a personal injury law firm in California:
- They can help you get your motor vehicle repair or replaced in your car is an auto accident case
- They can help you get financial recovery for your car rental
- They can help you get recovery for medical bills
- They can help get you compensated for your emotional and physical pains
- They can help you get compensated for the loss of wage earnings
- They can help you get financial recovery for future potential wage loss
Remember that the state uses the comparative fault/negligence decree in injuries claims which you can read more of one the California Legislative Information websites.
The law basically means that even if you are at fault for your injuries, you may still get compensation. This is one of the reasons to hire a good lawyer.
Common Types of personal injuries in California
There are all types of personal injury cases in California and they are :
- Car Accident
- Motorcycle Accident
- Truck Accident
- Commercial Vehicle Accident
- Bus Accident
- Train & Railroad Accident
- Airplane Accidents
- Industrial Accidents
- Construction Accidents
- Boating Accidents
- ATV Accidents
- Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident
- DUI Accident
- Brain Injury
- Slip And Fall Accident
- Premises Liability
- Dog Bites
- Construction Accident
- Wrongful Deaths
- Swimming Pool Accidents
- Civil Rights Violations
- Medical Malpractice
- Professional Malpractice
You will be surprised by the type of injuries you can file a claim for. So even if the injury you want to get compensated for is not listed above you should still speak with a California personal injury lawyer to see if they can represent you and advice on what your options are.
How to find California personal injury lawyers and choose the right one
Maximizing the financial compensation for an injury claim typically comes down to the skills and experience of the law firm that one hired.
Below we will share some tips on how to find the right law firm and how to choose them.
Here are some places that you can an attorney.
Search engines: Google and Bing is really the best way as you will have so many options of lawyers to pick from. That’s how you found this pages :).
Review sites: You can also look on review sites like AVVO and Yelp. Please do not believe all the 5 star reviews that you see. Some business are notorious for fake reviews.
Friends and family: Ask your family and social circle is they know a personal injury law firm or other type of attorneys who might know one.
Social media: You can ask your friends by posting on your Facebook wall for example if they know any injury lawyer.
Local and state bar association website: You can also search on the state and local bar association portal.
Radio,tv, and billboards: You can also find attorneys on tv,radia, and billboard commercials.
Once you find a lawyer or few lawyers that you want to hire there are few things you have to do to help you select the right one.
Here are some of them.
- Experienced in handling alot of personal injury cases.
- Find out how they communicate with their client. One of the biggest issues that people complain about lawyers is their lack of communication with clients.
- Make sure they are still active to practive in California by verifying on the California Bar Association website.
- The type of resources that they have.
- The lowest and highest verdicts they have ever gottens for similar cases like yours.
- Are they a solo or a medium or big law firm. Sometimes big law firms will have more resources to pursue bigger cases but you may have issues with communication. On the other hand a solo attorney may be easier to get a hold of but may lack the resources to wait longer and go after big verdicts. Also a solo attorney may not have the reputation of a big or medium law firms.
Connecting you with California personal Injury attorneys for cases over the state cities
California is a big state with many cities and big population. According to the United States Census Bureau, as of July 2018 the state population is over 39 million. With so many people it is inevitable that accidents and injuries will occur all over the state cities frequently.
When these injuries occur and you would like to get financial compensation, you need to hire the nearest personal injury lawyer in your city or area.
Our goal is to help you get connected with a California personal injury lawyers all over the state. So if you are looking for a:
- Los Angeles Personal Injury Attorney
- Santa Barbara Personal Injury Attorney
- San Bernardino Personal Injury Attorney
- Ventura Personal Injury Attorney
- San Jose Personal Injury Attorney
- San Francisco Personal Injury Attorney
- Fresno Personal Injury Attorney
- Glendale Personal Injury Attorney
- Pasadena Personal Injury Attorney
- Orange County Personal Injury Attorney
- Bakersfield Personal Injury Attorney
- Riverside Personal Injury Attorney
- Oakland Personal Injury Attorney
- Sacramento Personal Injury Attorney
- Long Beach Personal Injury Attorney
- Chula Vista Personal Injury Attorney
- Anaheim Personal Injury Attorney
- Santa Ana Personal Injury Attorney
- Monterey Personal Injury Attorney
- Santa Cruz Personal Injury Attorney
- Pomona Personal Injury Attorney
- Lancaster Personal Injury Attorney
- Stockton Personal Injury Attorney
- Fremont Personal Injury Attorney
- Palm Springs Personal Injury Attorney
- Oxnard Personal Injury Attorney
- Santa Clarita Personal Injury Attorney
California personal injury statistics
Below are some California personal injury statistics.
- California has the highest annual accidental fatalities total than any other state. According to data published by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, for motor vehicle accident alone shows that the number of motor vehicle occupants killed in the state from 2003-2012 is over 23,000.
- In 2015 alone, the Division of Occupational Safety and Health,Cal/OSHA reported that over 20,000 injuries was caused by slips, trips, and falls in California.
All of the above more should just let you know that you are not a lone as a victim of injury. Oftentimes people will wonder why is this happening to me but it is important to understand that injuries and ancidents just happen and can happen at anything.
The important things is to get legal representation from lawyers who has the skills to get you compensations.
The types of compensation you can recover after a personal injury
When involved in an injury and you file a claim, there are many things you can recover with the right lawyer on your side. Some of those are:
- Lost wages
- Loss of income potential
- Medical bills
- Property damage recoveries
The goal of our California personal injury lawyer is to be creative and find different ways to maximize your compensation.
How does personal injury cases take in California?
A personal injury case in California can take anywhere from 6 to 12 months on the average. This is typically for injuries that is not severe and there is not trail. However, if an injury case goes to trial expects the case to settle in about 2 years plus.
Is my personal injury settlement taxable?
In the state court it is non-taxable. However, on the federal level in some case your personal injury settlement is not taxable while in other cases it is. It depends on the type of injury that you get compensated for. So it is better to speak to a tax professional and discuss it with your attorney. You can read more about the exception rules from the Internal Revenue Service(IRS).
Other things you should know about personal injury cases in the state
Before hiring a lawyer for your California personal injury case, here are few of the things to know and that you can ask for more details from a lawyer.
California is a comparative negligence state
As a victim, this is a good new. Comparative negligence or fault means that even if you are partial at fault for a personal injury you can still be compensated based on the percentage contributed by the other party.
State of limitation for personal injury cases
In the state of California you have a certain period of time that you have to file a personal injury lawsuit. If you miss this deadline it is nearly impossible for your case to be accepted by the court. So you have to act fast in filing for a personal injury case. In the state, you have three years to file for property damage compensation and two years for personal injury damages. Be aware that if your injury was caused by a government organization you have six months to bring a lawsuit or lose your right to.
Contingency fee arrangement for personal injury cases
Most law firms in California who handle personal injury case take them on a contingency fee arrangement basis. This means that you won’t be charged by a lawyer until he or she gets a settlement for your case. The typical contingency arrangement fee is between 25% to 33% of the settlement amount recovered for you. You should also be aware that you can negotiate with a law firm on the contingency fee agreement.
Personal injury lawyers can get you treated before your case settles
Most personal injury lawyers in California will send you to doctors or pain doctors or chiropractors that they work with to be treated before your case settles without the treatment coming out of your pocket. Once the case settles they will minus the treatment fees from the settlement amount.
What to do after a personal injury?
There are few things you should do immediately when you or some is involved in an injury. Here are some of them:
- Call 911
- Take pictures for documentation
- In the case of auto accident exchange insurance information
- Contact your auto or property insurance company if the injury resulted in any of them
- Contact a lawyer who specializes in injury cases
Speak to a California personal injury lawyer for a free consultation!
California is a big state and accidents and injuries occur every day. So if you or a loved was involved in an injury and you are seeking to be financially compensated then contact us to be connected with a California personal injury lawyer today.