California Pedestrian Accidents
- 1. California Pedestrian Accidents
- 2. A California pedestrian accident lawyer can help you get the highest compensation if you choose wisely.
- 3. What is a pedestrian accident?
- 4. Types of damages you can get compensated for from California pedestrian accidents
- 5. Causes of most pedestrian accidents
- 6. Status of limitation for California pedestrian accidents
- 7. What should I do next? contact a PEDESTRIAN ACCIDENT ATTORNEY CA Immediately!
A California pedestrian accident lawyer can help you get the highest compensation if you choose wisely.
An experienced and aggressive California pedestrian accident lawyer is your best life of offense when you or a loved one has been injured by a motorist as a pedestrian in California.
Finding the right California personal injury law firm with the expertise and skills to help you maximize your compensation from such injuries is highly recommended.
Pedestrian accidents can be a complex case that insurance companies would oftentimes not want to compensate accordingly, this is why it is recommended that one seek the right California pedestrian accident attorney & crosswalk crash legal expert who will put in the best of his or her effort to help you get the highest compensation possible.
What is a pedestrian accident?
Pedestrian accidents are fatal. According to Governors Highway Saftey Association, California and four other states( Florida, Texas, New York, And Arizona) accounted for 43% percent of pedestrian accident deaths in the first half of 2017 alone.
Also, statistics show that in the first half of 2016 and 2017, close 800 deaths occurred in California because of pedestrian accidents.
So what is a pedestrian accident and the common places it occurs in the state? A pedestrian accident is an accident or crashes that involve a person and any motor vehicle or bicycle or any other moving force such a scooter, rollerblades or horse carriage, etc. So if you are in the state and get involved with any of the above then you may have a pedestrian accident case.
California pedestrian accidents can occur anywhere including In the street sidewalks, parks, crosswalks, and parking lots, etc. Basically, anywhere where people are walking and share with any moving force. However, these accidents occur mostly in intersections.
The good news is that the state residents can get compensated when any moving force injures them. And there are many types of damage either you or a pedestrian accident lawyer will help you get compensated.
Types of damages you can get compensated for from California pedestrian accidents
Whenever you are involved in a pedestrian accident in California that is fully or partially your fault, the law says that you are entitled to financial compensation for your injuries or property damage. Below are some of the type of claims you can file or get a California pedestrian accident lawyer you hired to file for you:
- Medical expenses
- Loss of income
- Rehabilitation costs
- Future medical bills
- Property damages
- Physical agony
- Emotional and mental anguish
- Incapability to resume a former lifestyle
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Loss of consortium/companionship
- Wrongful death claim by family members if one died from the accident
Causes of most pedestrian accidents
There are many reasons why pedestrians get hit by motorists. Pedestrian accidents are caused by the following:
- Crosswalks that is not properly marked
- Texting – drivers texting or pedestrians texting which distracts them
- Night – most pedestrian accidents happen at night because of poor vision and pedestrians wearing dark clothes are more likely to be hit
- Alcohol – alcohol contributes to a lot of accidents
- Road works – when there is a working going on to fix road pedestrians tend to be hit in that construction zones
- Big city – big cities tend to have pedestrian accidents
Regardless of the causes just remember that you are entitled to compensation. And the right California pedestrian accident attorney can get you compensation by going after the city if a sidewalk is not properly marked and after the motorist who injured you.
Status of limitation for California pedestrian accidents
In California, there is a statute of limitations for when you can and can’t file a claim for an injury and property damages resulting from an accident. On the basic, the state law says that you have two years from the date of the accident to file for an injury including a death lawsuit. And three years for property damages claim.
You need to speak to California accident lawyer to help you understand this law better because there other limits to be aware of such as when you injured by a state vehicle etc.
What should I do next? contact a PEDESTRIAN ACCIDENT ATTORNEY CA Immediately!
If a loved one has been involved in a California pedestrian accident you need to seek expert help immediately.
You need the right representation from a pedestrian accident lawyer in California on your side to go against insurance companies and get the justice you deserve.
It is very important that you seek help so that the insurance company will not short change you. Contact the number on the website now to schedule a free consultation!
Theaccidentsinjurylawyers.com goal is to help you and connect you with experienced attorneys who can help you.