Consult the best California slip and fall accident lawyers and get the guidance and representation you deserve
- 1. Consult the best California slip and fall accident lawyers and get the guidance and representation you deserve
- 2. What are slip and falls?
- 3. Types of injuries a California slip and fall lawyer can help you get compensated for
- 4. Common causes of California slip/trip and fall accidents
- 5. Where do these accidents happen?
- 6. Types of damages you can recover from when you file a claim
- 7. CA pure comparative law and your case
- 8. Be aware of the state Slip & Fall statute of limitation
- 9. Factors that will determine the injury claim and its settlement
- 10. Contact a California slip and fall attorney today!
California slip and fall accidents can happen anywhere on anyone’s property. This is why hiring a California slip and fall attorney is important.
Slip and fall accidents are caused by wet floors, lack of signage, or defective construction sites. These slip and fall accidents can be catastrophic in many cases and can result in prolonged medical conditions, injuries, and even death.
In such cases, the victim should find out if there is any compensation due to them for their injuries and suffering. One should immediately consult a California slip and fall lawyer to understand what should be done. The slip and fall lawyer can help one in understanding the law and its objectives along with one’s chances of receiving compensation.
A California slip and fall lawyer will consider things like the amount of negligence showed by the owner or management of the place and will check if there were previous complaints.
Like in 2016, 697 workers died and 48,027 got badly injured while at work, according to the national safety council. This shows that slip and fall accidents have become a common occurrence and one should be quick enough to reach out to a San Diego slip and fall attorney and avail good and experienced representation against those responsible.
What are slip and falls?
Slip and fall accidents in California are broadly categorized under personal injury accidents. They are also considered California premises liability cases. These accidents are caused by tripping or slipping due to several causes like floor problems, torn carpeting, defective construction, poor lighting, etc.
In such cases, the property owner is the one responsible and the victim does have the right to get compensated for the injury, however big or small it is.
Types of injuries a California slip and fall lawyer can help you get compensated for
As mentioned earlier, a California slip and fall lawyer can help one get compensation regardless of the nature of the injury. Some of the injuries which get compensated are:
- Spinal cord injury
- Brain injury
- Fracture and broken bones
- Neck, shoulder, back injuries
- Joint dislocation
Common causes of California slip/trip and fall accidents
The causes for slip and fall accidents in California are numerous, some of the common ones are:
- Wet and slippery floors
- Uneven surfaces
- Ice and snow
- Trash on the floor
- Poor lighting
- Narrow stairwell
- No handrails
- Ditches and potholes
Where do these accidents happen?
According to a California slip and fall lawyer, these mishaps can take place anywhere. Some of the common places are:
- Personal properties
- Retail stores
- Schools and colleges
- Offices and hospitals
- Retirement homes
Types of damages you can recover from when you file a claim
Slip and fall cases are compensatory in nature as the victim is owed by the property owner. Compensation is all about getting monetary reimbursement from the defendant for any kind of injury. Compensatory damages can be claimed even in the case of wrongful deaths.
Usually, there are two types of compensatory damages that a California slip and fall lawyer can file a lawsuit for:
- General compensatory damage: this kind of damages are for mental pain and suffering and is in the national monetary form.
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of partner
- Mental anguish
- Special compensatory damage: this kind of damages are for any kind of injury caused and the expenses that one had to face.
- Household expenses
- Medical expenses
- Loss of earning
- Loss of future earnings
CA pure comparative law and your case
According to California pure comparative law, the plaintiff will get the compensation even if they are at fault or have shown any kind of negligence. There is always a case where the victim is at fault because they have shown negligence when there was a clear sign. This is where having a good California slip and fall attorney is important as they will guide one through this law and make sure that one gets a compensation.
Be aware of the state Slip & Fall statute of limitation
If the plaintiff does not file their lawsuit within a certain fixed time period after the accident has taken place, then they might never be able to file a case. This is a statute of limitations which is different for all kinds of lawsuits. For slip and fall accidents, the time limit is 2 years and the time starts as soon as the victim knows about their injury. It is advisable to consult a California slip and fall accident lawyer within this time limit only.
Factors that will determine the injury claim and its settlement
There are certain factors that a California slip and fall lawyer explains as soon as the lawsuit is filed, which will decide the fate of the compensation. Some of these factors are:
- The amount of negligence that was shown by the property owner.
- If there was any kind of prior preventive measures taken by the owner to prevent such an accident.
- Also, whether the responsible party is completely or partially responsible for the property.
- And lastly, it is considered whether the plaintiff is responsible in any way, and if so, it is counted in the verdict.
Contact a California slip and fall attorney today!
It is always advised that one should consult a California slip and fall lawyer as soon as one gets injured in a slip and fall accident. As one needs time to recover from the injuries, during that time the slip and fall lawyer can take care of the claim lawsuit. Also, usually, these cases can be lengthy and aggressive, so it is always good to have attorneys who guide one through this difficult time.