Los Angeles Car Accident Lawyers
- 1 Los Angeles Car Accident Lawyers
- 2 What is a personal injury and car accident?
- 3 Los Angeles personal injury practice areas
- 4 Common causes of Los Angeles car accidents
- 5 Damages you can recover after an injury or car accident in Los Angeles
- 6 The state comparative law
- 7 Los Angeles car accident lawyers: CA status of limitation
- 8 How can I pay for a personal injury lawyer legal fees?
- 9 Personal injury and auto accidents settlement taxation
- 10 Speak with Los Angeles car accident attorneys today!
You need the best personal injury and auto accident attorneys help to maximize your financial compensation for Los Angeles car, motorcycle, semi truck/18 wheeler/big rigs, bus, pedestrian, slip & fall, dog bite, train, boat, aviation, ATV, & bicycle crash injuries!
Hiring the best Los Angeles personal injury and car accident attorneys who are aggressive, experienced, and top-rated should be a top priority for your car, slip & fall, dog bite, motorcycle, semi truck/18 wheeler/big rigs, bicycle, pedestrian, bus, train, ATV, aviation/airplanes, DUI, and boat crash injury case etc.
When other personal injuries or auto accidents in Los Angeles, CA happens it is wise to see experienced Los Angeles car accident lawyers who can help with your claim, get your treatment before your case is settled, and get you maximum compensation.
The truth is that having the right Los Angeles auto accident attorney on your side may be your best bet in having a peace of mind knowing that your right will be protected.
Most people do not wake up and pray to be involved or injured in a car accident in Los Angeles. However, accidents do happen and that is the reality of life and the society we live in. As a matter of the California Office of Traffic Safety 2016 report called OTS Collision Rankings Results shows that 44207 people were injury or killed in a traffic collision in Los Angeles.
When an auto wreck happens lawyer up so with the right attorney so he or she will take away some of the overwhelming accident related burdens from you.
What is a personal injury and car accident?
A Los Angeles auto accident or personal injury is a legitimate name which refers to a state where any carelessness of one person can cause hurt to another person in the city which may include bodily harm and sometimes mental trauma also.
Personal injury law includes accidental death, medically ill-treated, auto & car accidents, exploitation in hospitals, latent defects in products, air-crash, job-related mishap.
If you or a loved one has experienced any of the above-mentioned injuries in LA county then a car accident lawyers in Los Angeles area can help you get compensated for your injuries.
Do not make the mistake that some people make by refusing to hire an auto or car accident lawyer because they do not want to share the 30-45 percent settlement fee ( car accident attorneys in Los Angeles area mostly handle accident cases on a contingency arrangement where they get a percentage of your settlement if your case is settled.
And if they do not win, they won’t get paid).
Los Angeles personal injury practice areas
Los Angeles car accident & personal injury attorneys typical handle all types of auto crash and injury cases such as:
- Car Crashes
- Truck Crashes
- Motorcycle Crashes
- Train Crashes
- Bus Accidents
- Premises Liability
- Burn Injuries
- Brain Injuries
- Bicycle Crashes
- Aviation Accidents
- Pedestrian Crashes
- Dog Bites
- Wrongful Deaths
- Slip & fall
- Mass Tort
- Slip & fall accidents: This is a kind of premises liability accident and it is a part of practice areas Los Angeles personal injury and car accident lawyers can help you get compensation for. The accident can happen on the street, stores, and homes. Damages are recoverable if the accident was caused by another person’s negligence.
- Dog bites: If you suffer a dog bite in Los Angeles, then you have two years to file a lawsuit or the case may never be heard. You need to be in a public place or lawfully in a private area for the case to hold.
- Bus accidents: Bus accidents include commercial bus and city buses etc. The groups or individuals who can be held responsible for such an accident depend on the cause of the accident and the type of bus.
- Motorcycle accidents: Motorcycle laws in Los Angeles are very strict. The laws governing California are a bit different from other states. Getting legal representations allows you to get a fair settlement.
- Semi-truck/ 18-wheeler accidents: It is common to see 18-wheelers and semis on our roads. It is a challenge for them to share the road with other users and sometimes collisions occur due to various factors.
- Pedestrian accidents: A pedestrian can be knocked down by a dog, a bicycle, a motorcycle, train, bus, or any other kind of automobile, and sustain serious injuries.
- Bicycle accidents: Anyone who cycles is at risk of getting into an accident because they have to deal with other road users, pedestrians, cyclists, drivers, barriers and poor road conditions.
- Wrongful deaths: When a death occurs due to the negligence of another person, it has to be proven in a court of law for damages to be awarded to the bereaved family. Wrongful death cases are serious cases that require resources to pursue a claim on. However, when successfully litigated, the settlements tend to be humongous
- Medical malpractices: This has to do with the healthcare sector and involves the professionals are given, prescription, surgical procedures and so on.
- Train accidents: The Los Angeles personal injury attorney practice areas also include train accidents. These can be quite serious, especially because of how huge trains are and the large numbers of passengers using them.
- Premises liability: This arises from possession or ownership of real property. Owners can be held liable if someone is injured while on the premises lawfully.
- Product liability: This covers consumers against defective products. You can get compensation from the designer, manufacturer or seller of a defective product.
- Car accidents: Car accidents are mostly the type of injuries that personal injury attorneys represent most of their injury clients for. You need an experienced law firm to pursue your case with the insurance company of the defendant and others responsible for the crash and injury
- DUI accidents: According to the California’s Statewide Integrated Traffic Records System (SWITRs), there were 198 alcohol related car accident fatalies in 2017. This shows how serious DUI accident. The good news is that you lawyers specialized in injury cases who can help you or loved one get compensated for their pain and suffering.
If you or a loved is involved in any injury or auto accident you should really speak with Los Angeles car accident attorney to evaluate any type of personal injury case you may have as you will be surprised to find out that you can file claims even when at fault.
Common causes of Los Angeles car accidents
Auto accidents are frequent in our world. It is factual that accident can occur, but in most times it was someone else negligence that leads to the breakdown.
Most LA auto accidents can be escaped if it was not the other driver’s carelessness, and in this case, one should get in touch with a skilled and competent Los Angeles car accident attorneys to help you get compensated for the other party reckless driving.
According to diverse study, men, in fact, cause twice as many mishaps as women. When you converse on a mobile while driving you are escalating your probability of being in a misfortune. The average text communication takes a couple of seconds to make and send. While you are driving these few seconds are enough to put you in trouble.
All distractions put in danger driver, traveler, and passer-by safety. These distractions comprise of:
- Using a navigation system
- Adjusting a radio, CD player, or MP3 player
- Eating and drinking
- Watching a video
- Using a cell phone or Smartphone
- Talking to passengers
Since text messaging requires visual, physical, the concentration of the driver, it is the most disturbing interruption. Whatever is the cause of the accident that got you or your property damaged does not mean that you shouldn’t seek justice to get compensated. It is not your fault that other driver chose to be reckless so hire auto accident lawyers in Los Angeles area to make sure that insurance companies do not take advantage of you.
Damages you can recover after an injury or car accident in Los Angeles
One of the questions that victims of Los Angeles personal injury and car accident ask is what type of damage can they recover after an injury or accident. When you hire the right attorney to represent you after other injuries or car accident, he or she would be able to help recover things you never even thought that you could be compensated for. Here are some of the damages that experienced and skilled Los Angeles car accident lawyer can help you get compensation for:
- Past and future medical bills and treatment
- Loss of income
- Loss of earning capacity in the future
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional stress
- Property damages
- Punitive damages
The state comparative law
There is a law known as the comparative negligence or fault law that governs personal injury and auto accident case in the city and county. This law basically allows someone to still gets financial compensation even when they contributed to the accident or injury. With this law, it will be determined how much percentage wise your contribution to the accident or injury percentage wise and then that minus that from your settlement. If you hire experienced and smart Los Angeles car accident attorneys, they will use their skills to establish that you contributed less to a Los Angeles personal injury so you can maximize your financial settlement.
Los Angeles car accident lawyers: CA status of limitation
Most LA residents are not aware that there is a status or limitation that governs when they can file a claim for a motor vehicle accident and other personal injury claims. The city and state residents have car accident have a two-year to file a claim for car accidents and personal injuries and three years for property damage from the date of the accident. And for a city, state, and other government entity you have six months to bring your claim. If you fail to file a claim before this period then your claim will forever be barred from being brought to court. This is one of the reasons why it is recommended to speak with Los Angeles car accident attorneys immediately.
How can I pay for a personal injury lawyer legal fees?
You shouldn’t worry about having the money upfront to pay for your Los Angeles personal injury lawyer fees. This is because of most personal injury law firms representing personal injury and auto accident victim on a contingency fee basis. This means that the attorneys will take your case and only gets paid when they get you a settlement. They will take a percentage of the settlement which typically ranges from 25 to 40 percent depending on the difficulty of the case and if the case will go to trial or not. Remember that you can negotiate the percentage so do not just take the first offer from a Los Angeles auto accident attorney.
Personal injury and auto accidents settlement taxation
Usually, the money you received in any personal injury settlement compensation is not taxable both on the state and federal level. Any money that is meant to compensate you for medical bills, lost wages, loss of consortium, pain, and suffering, and lawyers fees etc are not taxable so far that they come from a personal injury. However, there are exceptions. If the compensation is meant to reinstate income, then it is taxable. For more details on how your case settlement may be affected by tax, it is recommended that you consult a tax expert and/or speak with an auto accident lawyer.
The compensation you or your loved ones will recover in an auto accident is certainly based on a lot of variables. Sophisticated Los Angeles car accident attorneys can compel the insurance company to pay a higher amount of damages for your car, motorcycle, truck/semi truck/18 wheeler/big rigs, bicycle, pedestrian, bus, train, ATV, aviation/airplanes, and boat accidents. So get connected with a Los Angeles auto accident & personal injury attorney now for help. The call is free.
More recommended readings
- Average Personal Injury Lawyer Fees
- Should I Get An Attorney After A Car Accident?
- How Much Does A Car Accident Lawyer Costs?