San Francisco Car Accident Lawyer
San Francisco Car Accident Lawyer – Hiring An Experienced Auto Crash Injury Law Firm for Your Motorcycle, Truck/Semi Truck/18 Wheelers/Big Rigs, Bus, Pedestrian, Train, Boat, Aviation/Air Planes, Atv, & Bicycle Crashes Cases etc
The first thing you should do after calling 911 in an accident in the city is to contact a San Francisco car accident lawyer so he or she will handle your car, bicycle, motorcycle, truck/semi truck/18 wheeler/big rigs, premises liability, pedestrian, train, boat, aviation/air planes, atv, and rain Injury claims.
Because personal injury and auto accident laws are complex, for that reason, we highly recommend that you seek the help of an experienced law firm to give you the best representation.
The right San Francisco car accident attorney will fight for you to get the most compensations and hold everyone involved in your injuries financially accountable.
Insurance companies are notorious for wanting to not pay a fair amount to victim of accidents. They won’t let you know your right and will hardball you. Also when involved in an accident, there are many things you can get financial compensation for that you might not be aware of unless you hire the right auto accident attorney to represent you. These lawyers generally do not charge hourly like other lawyers. They represent their accident victim client through a contingency agreement ( they get a percentage of your settlement when the case is won).
Personal Injury & Auto Accident Attorneys Practice Areas
Most experienced personal injury law firms in San Francisco County handle both minor and serious injury cases such as:
- Car Accidents
- Truck Accidents
- Dog Bites
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Train Accidents
- Bus Accidents
- Slip and Fall
- Premises Liability
- Burn Injuries
- Brain Injuries
- Bicycle Accidents
- Aviation Accidents
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Construction Accidents
- Wrongful Death
- Boat Accidents
Choosing The Right San Francisco Car Accident Lawyer
When you contact or speak with a San Francisco crash law firm, there are many things you should lookout for to help you choose the right legal team. Here are some questions or things to look for when deciding to hire an auto or car accident lawyer:
- Do they have the experience in handling auto accidents
- Can you reach the attorney at reasonable hours
- Do you feel comfortable with working with he or she
- Is he or she creative and aggressive in pursuing compensation for your case
- Can you negotiate a fair contingency fee agreement
- Is the attorney(s) licensed
- Do they have the resources to handle your case
- Are they willing to go to trial to get you higher compensation
What Constitutes a Personal Injury?
You can file a personal injury lawsuit for anything, including falls, defective equipment, assault, automobile accidents and adverse effects of medications or medical treatments.
The two most common lawsuits are car accident and slip & falls. Businesses in the U.S are required to post signs on wet floors, provide railings on steps and keep salt or sand on icy or slippery sidewalks and entrances. Drivers are required to following the road signs and rules.
Basically, the plaintiff must prove that the another person’s actions or negligence caused the injury to the plaintiff in order to win the personal injury case.
Examples of Personal Injury Lawsuits
- Slip & Falls -A woman walks through the main entrance at a mall. The floor is wet and there is no sign warning about a wet floor. She slips and falls and breaks her hip. In this case, the mall may be held liable for her injuries and be ordered to pay for her medical expenses and lost wages while recuperating.
- Automotive: A drunk driver crashes into another vehicle at an intersection. The other driver suffers severe head injuries. The drunk driver is held accountable because he was driving while under the influence of alcohol. Punitive damages may also be ordered to be paid because the impaired driver was operating the vehicle with negligence.
- Equipment Failure: Someone visits another person’s home and uses their trampoline. There are no safety precautions in place and the person falls on the ground and breaks their back. The homeowner may be found liable for the injuries that the person sustained.
When personal injury cases are caused by automotive or truck accidents there are unique challenges. Caps on settlement amounts are sometimes in place when there are insurance claims. Automobile insurance policies are in place to protect the subscribers from being sued for large settlements.
However, there are unique ways experienced San Francisco car accident attorneys will help you get the insurance companies to pay more than they claim is the limit.
Damages in Personal Injury & Car Accident Cases
There are two different types of damages that you can get rewarded for successful in a personal injury case.
- Compensatory Damages – Damages for medical expenses and lost wages during recovery time are considered compensatory damages. Awards for compensatory damages are the most common type of personal injury settlement. Compensatory damages do not cover personal pain and suffering caused by a personal injury.
- General Damages – Awards for general damages are sometimes granted in personal injury settlements. These damages include compensation for future wages lost, future medical care, and occasionally for pain and suffering. Awards for general damages are sometimes granted by the courts, but most settlements are for compensatory damages.
The job of your personal injury attorney and auto accident lawyer should be to make sure that you can get the maximum compensation from each category. He or she should be creative and aggressive towards insurance companies and their attorneys so you will get the highest financial compensation.