San Francisco Car Accident Lawyer
San Francisco Car Accident Attorney Help – Hiring An Experienced Auto Crash Injury Law Firm for Your Motorcycle, Truck/Semi Truck/18 Wheelers/Big Rigs, Bus, Pedestrian, Train, Boat, Aviation/Air Planes, Atv, & Bicycle Crashes Cases Is Important
Contacting a San Francisco car accident lawyer so that he or she will advise you and possibly handle your case when involved in San Francisco car accidents such as car, bicycle, motorcycle, truck/semi truck/18 wheeler/big rigs, premises liability, pedestrian, train, boat, aviation/airplanes, ATV, and rain Injury claims is one of the first thing things you should do. Personal injury and auto accident laws are complex, for that reason, it is highly recommended that you seek the help of an experienced San Francisco car accident attorney to give you the best chance of getting the maximum financial compensation for your case. San Francisco car accident lawyers are also known as trial or personal injury lawyers.
Do Not Trust Insurance Companies When Involved In an Auto or Car Accident in San Francisco
Insurance companies are notorious for wanting to not pay a fair amount to a victim of car accidents. They won’t let you know your right and will hardball you. They typically try to blame the victim of the accident. Also when involved in an accident, there are many things you can get financial compensation for that they won’t make you aware of unless you hire the right San Francisco car accident lawyer to represent you. These lawyers generally do not charge hourly rates like other lawyers. They represent their accident victim client through a contingency agreement ( they get a percentage of your settlement when the case is won). An auto accident attorney who is invested in your interests will fight for you to get the most compensations and hold everyone involved in your injuries financially accountable.
Types Of Auto Accident Cases
Most experienced San Francisco auto accident lawyers and personal injury law firms handle both minor and serious injury cases such as:
- Car Accidents
- Truck Accidents
- Dog Bites
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Train Accidents
- Bus Accidents
- Slip and Fall
- Premises Liability
- Burn Injuries
- Brain Injuries
- Bicycle Accidents
- Aviation Accidents
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Construction Accidents
- Wrongful Death
- Boat Accidents
Choosing The Right Car Accident Lawyer
When you contact or speak with a San Francisco car accident lawyer, there are many things you should look out for to help you choose the right legal team. Here are some questions or things to look for when deciding to hire an auto or car accident lawyer:
- Do they have the experience in handling auto accidents
- Can you reach the attorney at reasonable hours
- Do you feel comfortable with working with he or her
- Is he or she creative and aggressive in pursuing compensation for your case
- Can you negotiate a fair contingency fee agreement
- Is the attorney(s) licensed
- Do they have the resources to handle your case
- Are they willing to go to trial to get you higher compensation
What Constitutes a Personal Injury?
You can file a personal injury lawsuit for anything in San Francisco, including falls, defective equipment, assault, automobile accidents and adverse effects of medications or medical treatments. The two most common lawsuits are a car accident and slip & falls. Businesses in the city are required to post signs on wet floors, provide railings on steps and keep salt or sand on icy or slippery sidewalks and entrances. Drivers are required to following the road signs and rules. Basically, the plaintiff San Francisco car accident lawyer must prove that another person’s actions or negligence caused the injury to the plaintiff in order to win the personal injury case.
Examples of Personal Injury Lawsuits
- Slip & Falls -A woman walks through the main entrance at a mall. The floor is wet and there is no sign warning about a wet floor. She slips and falls and breaks her hip. In this case, the mall may be held liable for her injuries and be ordered to pay for her medical expenses and lost wages while recuperating.
- Automotive: A drunk driver crashes into another vehicle at an intersection. The other driver suffers severe head injuries. The drunk driver is held accountable because he was driving while under the influence of alcohol. Punitive damages may also be ordered to be paid because the impaired driver was operating the vehicle with negligence.
- Equipment Failure: Someone visits another person’s home and uses their trampoline. There are no safety precautions in place and the person falls on the ground and breaks their back. The homeowner may be found liable for the injuries that the person sustained.
When personal injury cases are caused by automotive or truck accidents there are unique challenges. Caps on settlement amounts are sometimes in place when there are insurance claims. Automobile insurance policies are in place to protect the subscribers from being sued for large settlements. However, there are unique ways an experienced San Francisco car accident lawyer can help you get the insurance companies to pay more than they claim is the limit.
The Categories Of Damages You Can Recover After A San Francisco Car Accident
There are two different categories of damages that your San Diego car accident lawyer can use to get you a financial award in a personal injury case.
- Compensatory Damages – Damages for medical expenses and lost wages during recovery time are considered compensatory damages. Awards for compensatory damages are the most common type of personal injury settlement. Compensatory damages do not cover personal pain and suffering caused by a personal injury.
- General Damages – Awards for general damages are sometimes granted in personal injury settlements. These damages include compensation for future wages lost, future medical care, and occasionally for pain and suffering. Awards for general damages are sometimes granted by the courts, but most settlements are for compensatory damages. This one of the hardest to get compensated but a skilled attorney can use their wit and experience to make magic happen.
The job of your San Francisco personal injury lawyer and auto accident attorney should be to make sure that you can get the maximum compensation from each category. He or she should be creative and aggressive towards insurance companies and their attorneys so you will get the highest financial compensation.
Call To Be Connected A San Francisco Car Accident Lawyer For Motorcycle, Truck, Bus, Pedestrian, Train, Boat, Bicycle, Aviation Crash Cases
Get connected with experienced San Francisco car accident lawyer who might be able to handle cases like yours. They can help you fight the insurance company and help you get more financial compensation than you probably would on your own. The call is free to be connected to speak with auto accident lawyers for your motorcycle, bicycle, pedestrian, slip & fall/premises liability, truck/18 Wheeler/big rigs, bus, ATV, train, dog bites, boat, or aviation/airplane case. Never deal with the insurance companies after an auto accident with the right San Francisco car accident lawyer on your side.
Helpful External Links/Resources For San Francisco Accident Victims