Ventura Car Accident Attorneys
- 1 Ventura Car Accident Attorneys
- 2 What Is Personal Injury And Auto Accident?
- 3 Personal Injury Practice Areas
- 4 Ventura Car Accident & Personal Injury Damage Recovery
- 5 No Fee Upfront Representation
- 6 Ventura personal Injury Statute Of Limitations
- 7 Are You Partially At Fault?
A Ventura personal injury and car accident attorney can be instrumental in avoiding mistakes in filing claims, which can be costly at the end of the day. There are deadlines within which claims should be made. When a Ventura accident or personal injury occurs, one has to pay medical bills and recover any lost wages.
An attorney can help with the rigorous procedures and deal with the insurance companies involved for injuries from car, motorcycle, truck/semi truck/18 wheeler/big rigs, bicycle, pedestrian, bus, train, atv, and boat accidents et cetera.
What Is Personal Injury And Auto Accident?
Personal injury can be sustained during auto accidents, through slips and falls, or attacks by animals such as dogs. Auto accidents involve one or more vehicles. Personal injury and auto accidents can be serious and sometimes fatal depending on the severity of the impact. Getting help from a Ventura personal injury and car accident attorney is necessary.
Personal Injury Practice Areas
Slip & fall accident: These kinds of accidents are very common and it is possible for them to happen almost anywhere. Slippery, uneven, or broken surfaces are often the cause of the accidents.
Dog bite: Ventura personal injury and car accident attorneys can help you recover damages for hospital bills, etc if you suffer a dog bite.
- Bus accident: Bus accidents can be caused by different things. It may be due to the distraction of the drivers, maintenance issues, hazards in the road and so on.
- Motorcycle accident: Motorcyclists are at a great risk when they ride. This is because of the design, which exposes the rider to the forces of impact. Pillion riders too have no protection and therefore an accident can be very serious.
- Semi-truck/ 18-wheeler accident: Ventura personal injury and car accident lawyers understand the commercial policies that most trucks have. Policy limits are high and the rules are complicated too.
- Pedestrian accident: Pedestrian accidents occur from time to time. You should document all circumstances and follow all the law enforcement procedures. You should also take immediate medical precautions.
- Bicycle accident: Ventura personal injury and car accident attorneys can help you understand the laws set for bicycle riders. In the event of an accident, the lawyer can tell you what to expect and help you get a fair settlement.
- Wrongful death: When someone is held responsible for a wrongful death claim all claimants are joined together and a single case is opened. This allows the defendant to concentrate on a single suit.
- Medical malpractice: Medical malpractice is a serious issue. Ventura personal injury and car accident attorneys can be consulted because they are well versed with the law. They can help you to understand the weaknesses and strengths of the case.
- Train accident: Determining responsibility in a train accident can be very difficult, especially because there may be multiple parties at fault. You need a Ventura personal injury and car lawyer to handle such cases.
- Premises liability: All premises liability cases are not the same. However, what they have in common is that the premises owner has a duty to keep the property safe and ensure that conditions and activities being carried out there don’t harm anyone.
- Product liability: The manufacturer, designer or seller of a product has an obligation to the consumer and can be held liable should the product be defective and cause harm and injury to the user.
- DUI Accidents: DUI accidents is one the leading causes of most accidents in the U.S. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), reports that in 2014 9,967 people were killed in drunk driving craches. In Ventura County, 1 in 4 accident fatalites involves impaired driving accordong to the Statewide Integrated Traffic Records System (SWITRS)
Ventura Car Accident & Personal Injury Damage Recovery
Ventura personal injury and car accident attorneys can help you recover damages for accidents. These are the losses and injuries that result because of an accident and they can differ in their severity. Some of the damage is general and may be hard to quantify in terms of money like pain and suffering, lifestyle changes to be made after the accident, etc. but others are special and they may have a clear amount of money attached to them like medical bills, wage lost due to accident, fees paid to attorneys etc.
No Fee Upfront Representation
Ventura personal injury and car accident attorneys usually accept cases on a contingency fee arrangement. This offers the clients flexibility when it comes to making payments. Normally, the percentage may be as low as 20% or as high as 45%. This means that you do not have to pay the fees upfront to be represented.
Ventura personal Injury Statute Of Limitations
Ventura is bound by the California statute of limitations. For personal injury, the injured party has two years to file a case against the party responsible for the accident. If you lose property or damage your motor vehicle, you have up to three years to file the complaint. There are other limitations such as for government agencies where a filing should be made within six months.
Are You Partially At Fault?
Even when you are partly to blame for the injuries sustained, compensation can still be granted. This is done through the pure comparative negligence law, which is applicable in Ventura. In this case, the defendant is responsible only to his or her level of negligence. The plaintiff’s fault is also considered and the percentage deducted from the total payable.
Free Consultation From Car Accident Lawyers in Ventura CA Area
Evethough anyone can go to the Ventura County court and file an injury claim, this is not recommend. Ventura car accident and personal injury lawyers are well versed in the law and know how to navigate the court system and insurance companies bs.
Contact an attorney for consultation on how they can help you. These lawyers offer a no fee and no obligation clause where the victim gets to speak to a professional regarding the case. This free consultation allows the victim to assess their need for representation and how strong or weak their case is. They can then decide on the way forward.