[et_pb_section fb_built=”1″ admin_label=”section” _builder_version=”3.22″][et_pb_row admin_label=”row” _builder_version=”3.25″ background_size=”initial” background_position=”top_left” background_repeat=”repeat”][et_pb_column type=”4_4″ _builder_version=”3.25″ custom_padding=”|||” custom_padding__hover=”|||”][et_pb_text _builder_version=”4.6.0″ background_size=”initial” background_position=”top_left” background_repeat=”repeat” hover_enabled=”0″ border_color_all=”#ffffff” use_border_color=”off” border_color=”#ffffff” border_style=”solid” sticky_enabled=”0″]
Oakland Car Accident Lawyers: Learn How The Best Auto Accident and Personal Law Firms Near You Can Help You With Motorcycle, Truck/Semi Truck/18 Wheeler/Big Rigs, Bus, Pedestrian, Train, Boat, Aviation/Air Planes, ATV, Bicycle Injuries and more!
The best Oakland personal injury and car accident lawyer representation can be helpful if you or a dear one is injured in an Oakland auto accident or suffers injuries in other situations.
Most accidents and incidents require one to deal with insurance companies to get compensation for the harm impacted on their person or property.
You should always pick an experienced Oakland car accident and personal injury attorney who understands the laws thoroughly to get appropriate representation.
Theaccidentsinjurylawyers.com, The California Injury Pros goal for this page is to connect you with a legal expert for a free no-obligation consultation, give you a brief overview of motor vehicle accidents and personal injury laws and other helpful information.
Personal Injuries And Auto Accidents
Auto accidents and personal injury in Oakland, California happen every year and they involve thousands of people.
As a matter of fact, according to The California Offices of Traffic Safety(OTS), in 2014 there were a total of 3,016 traffic injuries in Oakland.
Auto accidents involve motor vehicles of all kinds and sizes and can result in property damage and personal injuries.
Personal injuries can also occur in public or private premises. In such cases, you need an Oakland personal injury and car accident lawyer to help you with the legal process and get you the compensation that you deserve.
Personal Injury Practice Areas
- Bus accident: You need an Oakland personal injury and car accident lawyer to handle this kind of case because there may be many defendants and agencies responsible for the accident.
- Motorcycle accident: You need a qualified Merced car accident and personal injury attorney to recover damages such as pain and suffering, motorcycle damage, medical bills, ambulance bills, and so on.
- Truck/semi-truck/18-wheeler accident: There are many rules and regulations set for this category of vehicles. A lawyer can help you if you suffer any injury or loss of property in an accident caused by one of these vehicles.
- Pedestrian accidents: Pedestrian accidents are usually very serious, especially because there is no barrier between the victim and the ground. Fatalities are common in this type of accident.
- Bicycle accident: Every cyclist is at risk of getting into a bicycle accident. Oakland car accident and personal injury lawyer can be of great help in getting compensation.
- Wrongful death: In such a case, death occurs because of another person’s negligence or wrongful act. The defendant’s fault or negligence has to be a substantial factor in the occurrence of death.
- Medical malpractice: A patient is allowed to file this kind of claim up to a year after they discover that the act actually caused the injury. In some cases, it can also be 3 years from the occurrence of the injury.
- Rail/train accident: A Oakland personal injury and car accident lawyer can help you if you sustain injuries during a train accident such as derailments and collisions.
- Premises liability: When you own, lease, or occupy a private property, you owe a duty of care to anyone who visits the premises lawfully.
- Product liability: This involves selling and manufacturing products. If a user of the product suffers injury or damages to a property because of a defective product, the seller or manufacturer is liable.
- Slip & fall accident: Oakland personal injury and car accident lawyer can help you get compensatory damages for pain and suffering, lost wages, medical bills, and lost earning capacity.
- Dog bite: If you suffer a dog bite while you’re on a property legitimately, you’re entitled to seek compensation. However, if you’re trespassing on private property, you may not be entitled to damages. Military and government premises may not be held liable for dog bites in some instances.
Car Accident & Personal Injury Damage Recovery
If you suffer physical, financial, or emotional damage because of an injury or an accident, then you’re entitled to seek economic recovery from the responsible parties.
The kind of payment you get usually depends on what damages were experienced due to the injury or accident during the incident and after. You can get damages for the destruction of property or vehicles, repairs, storage costs, towing charges, and so on.
For personal injury in Oakland, you may be awarded compensation for medical expenses, pain and suffering, loss of wages, and so on.
No Win No Pay Representation For Motor Vehicle and Injury Cases
Most Oakland auto accident attorneys do not ask for upfront fees to represent you for personal injury cases.
Even with the many methods of payment available, most of these lawyers accept cases on contingency fee arrangements.
This means that the client pays a percentage of the final settlement as fees for legal services.
The typical percentage is set between 20-45%. Some lawyers charge fees only if the case is successfully concluded and a payout is made.
Oakland Personal Injury Statute Of Limitations
The California statute of limitations applies to all cases in the California jurisdiction.
While each case is unique in its own way and the circumstances are different, the statute of limitations is usually set at two years for injuries.
For personal property damages, it is three years. And if the accident or injury is caused by the govt then it is 6 months.
It is always imperative to file a case as soon as an accident or injury occurs. Because once the status of limitation passes it is extremely difficult for your claim to be allowed in Oakland courts.
Ask for Oakland Car Accident Lawyers Free Consultation
One of the reasons why clients hold back with their issues is the financial obligations associated with getting professional help.
Many Oakland personal injury and car accident attorneys offer an initial, free, no-obligation, and no-fee consultation to discuss your case.
Payment methods are discussed only if you decide to get legal representation from him or her.
Using The State Pure Comparative Negligence Rule To Get Compensated When at Fault
When an Oakland auto accident or personal injury occurs, the plaintiff can also be partly to blame. In such a case, the state comparative negligence law is applied.
You will recover damages, but the amount of your contribution to the accident or injury will be deducted. Oakland car accident and personal injury attorneys can shed more light on such matters.
So call now to speak with one.