Santa Barbara Car Accident Lawyers
The right auto accident and personal injury lawyers assistance for Santa Barbara pedestrians, motorcycles, semi trucks or 18 wheelers, trains, boats, atvs, bicycles, and slip & falls injuries is important for your case.
Car accidents and personal injuries occur on a daily basis. Most accidents reported have to do with motor vehicles such as trucks, cars, and so on. Santa Barbara personal injury and car accident lawyers can be instrumental in assisting you to get compensation. It is important to note that there may be fatalities, physical injuries and significant damage that needs to be addressed by a qualified lawyer. Having Santa Barbara car accident attorneys on your side who are aggressive and experienced should be to your best interest and a top priority on your injury claims case such as motorcycle, truck, bus, pedestrian, train, boat, bicycle, atv, slip & fall, aviation, and other personal injuries.
Personal injury and auto accidents defined?
Santa Barbara Personal injuries especially auto accidents usually lead to injuries such as whiplash and other types of soft tissue injuries. Injuries can also be very serious and it is possible for fatalities to occur in a car accident. In most cases, the liability is one-sided and the injured party can receive compensation from the party at fault. The same applies to personal injuries in other areas, but you need to prove that the defendant was negligent and this why you need to hire one of the best car accident lawyers to represent you.
Personal injury practice areas
There are many types of cases a Santa Barbara personal injury lawyer can help you with. These are known as practices areas and some fo them are:
- Slip & fall accidents: These kinds of accidents happen due to the negligence of property owners. In such a case, the injured person can seek compensation and a Santa Barbara personal injury & car accident attorneys can help.
- Dog bites: Strict liability is usually applied in dog attacks or bites. This is to say that a dog owner is liable for any injuries that are caused to persons who have been attacked/bitten by the dog.
- Bus accidents: In Santa Barbara, public transportation involves the use of buses and accidents involving these large vehicles are often reported. Santa Barbara personal injury and car accident attorneys can handle such issues.
- Motorcycle accidents: Reckless or careless behavior can lead to a motorcycle accident, leaving the rider, pedestrian, or other auto user injured. The one at fault needs to be held accountable.
- Semi-truck/ 18-wheeler accidents: Santa Barbara car accident lawyers understand how stressful it can be to be involved in this kind of accident. that can cause serious damages because of how big they are. The good news is that you can recover financial damages and get back on your feet.
- Pedestrian accidents: It is more likely for a pedestrian to be injured when they’re involved in an accident with moving vehicles. There are more fatalities in this kind of accident.
- Bicycle accidents: Cyclists can be involved in accidents due to their own negligence or the negligence of other road users. A Santa Barbara personal injury car accident lawyers can assist you with settlement
- Wrongful deaths: For this kind of claim to hold, it must be clear that a negligent or wrongful act occurred leading to death.
- Medical malpractices: In such a case, you will need to show that there was negligence or a breach of responsibility and that the normal standard of care was not followed resulting in the injury.
- Train accidents: You need Santa Barbara car accident and personal injury attorneys for this type of case because it can involve a lot of negotiations with the train and insurance companies.
- Premises liabilities: Here, the main elements are control, possession, and ownership of the premises. Any person who has authority for the above is liable for injuries that happen to people who enter the premises for legitimate business.
- Product liabilities: Santa Barbara personal injury and car accident attorneys can be helpful if you are injured after using a defective product.
Car accident & personal injury damage recovery
There are different types of compensation that an injured party can receive. They can be special damages or general damages. General damages are usually non-economic. Special damages are economic in nature. Santa Barbara personal injury and car accident attorneys can help you in telling the difference. General damages are losses and harms that come because of an injury or an accident.
No fee upfront representation
If you need representation after a Santa Barbara accident, then you can seek help from a qualified lawyer. Usually, he or she will accept cases on a contingency fee arrangement which is often anywhere between 20 and 45%. This means that a Santa Barbara car accident and personal injury lawyer can be accessed even when you do not have the full amount to pay them upfront.
Santa Barbara personal Injury statute of limitations
In Santa Barbara, there is a 2-year statute of limitations in place. If you fail to file a claim within this time, then the case may be barred for good. For property damage that results from a car incident, you have three years to file a complaint. If the accident involved a federal, local, state, or governmental entity, then you only have six months to file
Get Santa Barbara car accident attorneys free consultation today!
Most Santa Barbara car accident and personal injury lawyers offer no obligation and no fee consultation for these kinds of cases. The financial commitment is only discussed once you have made up your mind to retain an attorney. This allows injured victims to access legal services even without funds at hand.
The comparative negligence can help you even when at fault
Comparative negligence law is used in Santa Barbara. This allows the plaintiff to make a claim and be paid for the percentage of the damages that were attributable to the defendant directly. The plaintiff’s own fault is also calculated and the percentage is then deducted from the amount payable. Speak with a Santa Barbara auto accident lawyer for more details about this and how it might affect your case.