Bakersfield Car Accident Lawyers
- 1. Bakersfield Car Accident Lawyers
- 2. Bakersfield personal Injury and auto accidents
- 3. Personal injury types
- 4. Possible personal Injury and car accident recoveries
- 5. No fee upfront representation
- 6. Bakersfield personal injury statutes of limitations
- 7. No fee obligation to chat with a Bakersfield car accident Attorneys
- 8. Partly at fault? You can still get compensation
Strive for the best Kern County personal injury and auto accident lawyers representation for your Bakerfield pedestrian accidents, semi truck/big rigs/18 wheeler accidents, motorcycle accidents, bus accidents, train accidents, & boat accidents injury cases, etc
Do you really need one of the best Bakersfield personal injury and car accident lawyers in Kern County for your case? Read more.
When you receive major injuries in an accident in Bakersfield, CA caused by the fault or negligence of some other person, you have the right to demand compensation from the at-fault party and the insurance company that represents them.
However, the process is quite complicated, as the at-fault party/insurance-carrier may not want to pay the compensation.
And this is why you need one of the best Bakerfield car accident lawyers on your side.
Some of these accident and personal Injury attorneys in the city have been fighting for victims’ rights for many years. They offer the right advice and assistance to victims and their families. They also safeguard their legal rights so that victims can receive the maximum financial settlement.
Bakersfield personal Injury and auto accidents
Even though, Kern county county is not such a big county population wise, a lot of accidents fatalies happens there yearly.
According to a study by Smart Growth America, Bakerfield metro ranks 7th in the country for the most dangerous for pedestrians. Also, the California’s Office of Traffic Safety (OTS) reported that in 2016 there were a total of 1924 injury and fatality accidents in Bakersfield and 5756 in Kern County.
Auto accidents and personal injuries in Bakersfield are of many types, and the repercussions range from minor injuries to serious debility/disability and even death.
The good news is that you you can definitely sue the at-fault party(s) and make them pay for your suffering, and this is what Bakersfield personal Injury and car accident lawyers can help you with.
Personal injury types
Below are the type of Kern County injury and accident cases a traffic collission lawyer can help you with.
- Slip and Fall Accidents: Slip and Fall Accidents can take place anywhere. While slippery and wet floors are considered to be the most common cause of such accidents, broken stairs, poor lighting and obstacles in the path also result in them.
- Dog Bites: Many laws have been implemented in this area, yet every year five million people are rushed to hospitals because of dog bites.
- Bus Accidents: In addition to being very heavy, buses also carry more people than any other vehicle on the road and this is why bus accidents result in more deaths and injuries.
- Semi Truck/18 Wheeler Accidents: Driving a truck always carries the risk of accidents. Colliding with 18-wheelers is always catastrophic primarily due to the weight and size of the trucks.
- Pedestrian Accidents: It may seem like walking is the safest mode of traveling, but every year over 75,000 pedestrians are either hit by a motor vehicle or they fall because of hazardous road conditions.
- Bicycle Accidents: Small two-wheelers, especially bicycles carry a greater risk of accidents because most motor vehicle drivers simply don’t notice or pay attention to them. Hazardous obstacles and damaged paths only add to the risk.
- Wrongful Death: The case of wrongful death takes place when someone dies because of someone else’s fault or negligence. The relatives of the deceased can sue the person/s or agency that is responsible.
- Medical Malpractice: We consult doctors with the hope of getting better, but there are cases in which doctors prescribe the wrong medicine or make mistakes during operations. Such cases are classified as medical malpractice.
- Train Accidents: Derailments and head-on collisions between two trains happen because of faulty railway systems or driver error, while unmanned crossings cause collisions between people, vehicles and trains.
- Premises Liability: Premises liability holds landowners and property owners liable if someone gets injured because of hazardous conditions on their property.
- Product Liability: If a product you buy ends up injuring you, then you can sue the manufacturer for compensation under ‘product liability.’
- Motorcycle Accidents: Motorcycle drivers don’t have external protection other than the helmet or safety-gear, and this is why they are more likely to receive serious injuries in motorcycle accidents.
Possible personal Injury and car accident recoveries
Bakersfield personal injury lawyers can help to prove the negligence of the at-fault party, and then they will help you to calculate and demand the following types of compensation:
- General Damage Compensation:
- Compensation for physical and mental suffering.
- Compensation for impact on relationship and lifestyle.
- Special Damage Compensation:
- Compensation for all types of medical expenses.
- Compensation for wage loss.
- Compensation for hiring Bakersfield Personal Injury Lawyers.
No fee upfront representation
In all these years of working with Bakersfield accident victims, most Bakersfield car accident and personal Injury lawyers have understood and felt how distressed injured victims are physically financially and emotionally. They cannot share your pain, but they can ease the burden. They do work on a contingency fee basis, which means that they won’t charge you anything unless they’ve helped you to achieve the maximum possible compensation. After you’ve won the case you don’t have to worry either, because you’ll get your lawyer’s fee too as part of the compensation.
Bakersfield personal injury statutes of limitations
As we said earlier, the process of filing a personal injury claim is quite complicated in Bakersfield. It needs a considerable investment of time and energy. But the State of California gives you only two years to start the process, and you fail to do so it will be extremey hard to get compensation. So it is important that in addition to seeking medical help, you also contact a personal injury lawyer without delay.
No fee obligation to chat with a Bakersfield car accident Attorneys
The right experienced and aggressive Bakersfield car accidnet and personal injury lawyers are always ready to sit with you and talk about the legal options you have as the injured victim. They’ll explain all the relevant aspects of the law and provide valuable insights on the appropriate action to take. If you already have or spoken to a Kern County lawyer and he/she is telling you that your case is not worth fighting for, you can still talk to another one for a second opinion.
Partly at fault? You can still get compensation
It’s a sad reality that the at-fault party and/or their insurance agency seldom cooperate and they’ll try their best to make you responsible for the accident.
Even if they are successful, your Bakersfield auto accident lawyer can ensure that you get due compensation as the State of California undertakes Pure Comparative Negligence Law.
What it means is that the percentage of your contribution to causing the accident will be deducted from your claim. For instance, if you ask for $100,000 while your contribution is 30%, you’re entitled to get $70000.